A simple healthy lunch stirfry of celery with carrots, shrimps, and peanuts!
Detailed Recipe for Celery Stir Fried with Carrots, Shrimps, & Peanuts from Hochiak! Delicious Asian Food's Stirfried Celery with Prawns & Straw Mushrooms:
1 stalk of celery (chopped/sliced into thick strips)
1 medium sized carrot (sliced)
1/2 can straw mushrooms (Note: I omitted this)
8 pieces of medium sized prawns (deveined; shell left intact) (Note: I used frozen shrimps)
4 cloves garlic
Corn starch (mix 1 tablespoon corn flour with 100ml of water)
50ml warm water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
A Handful of Peanuts
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce
A couple of dashes of white pepper powder
A pinch of salt
A pinch of MSG (optional) (Note: I omitted this; i dont use MSG!)
1 teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
1. Heat oil in wok and saute garlic until it browns. Add in prawns & strir fry for approx. 15 seconds. Remove prawns & set aside.
2. Add in celery, carrots, & mushrooms into the wok & continue to stir fry for another 1 minute. Add in seasoning & bring to a boil.
3. Return prawns to the wok to simmer with the other ingredients.
4. Cook for another 2 minutes or so. Add in corn starch to thicken gravy (if necessary).
5. Serve hot with steam rice!