Tuesday lunch: Oven Baked Salmon steaks with Tomato Basil Relish! I absolutely loved this recipe but i think i added slightly more vinegar to the relish, which the boyfriend found to be alittle too sour for his liking. Nevertheless, a great meal!
Detailed recipe for Oven Baked Salmon Steaks with Tomato Basil Relish from Elana's Pantry's Salmon with Tomato Basil:
1/2 pound salmon
1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced into quarters)
1/2 small shallot (minced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven.
2. Cut salmon into half (leave the skin on), rinse, and then pat dry with paper towel.
3. Place fish skin side down on metal baking sheet.
4. Rub salmon liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt.
5. Place salmon on lowest rack, oven temperature at 275deg.
6. Bake for 8-13 minutes, so that centers of the thickest parts of the salmon are still translucent when cut into with a pairing knife.
7. To make the relish ---- stir together remaining ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
8. Remove salmon from oven, transfer onto plates, and serve with the relish!