Our Saturday night dinner! There was... Broccolini and pork stir fry & cucumber and pork stir fry, 2 really deliciously easy stir fry dishes! So first, i'm going to share with you the recipe for cucumber and pork stir fry; the faint sweetness from the cucumbers balance out the saltiness of the marinated pork, making it a truly tasty dish to enjoy with a bowl of warm jasmine white rice!
Detailed Recipe for Cucumber and Pork Stir fry from Mochachocolata-Rita's Stir Fry Beef & Cucumber:
(Note: Mochachocolata-Rita used beef in her recipe, i used pork fillet.)
0.3 lbs beef (sliced)
1 cucumber (cleaned & sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed & divided)
1. Add approx. 1 teaspoon of corn starch, a dash of soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar to beef. Mix well and set aside.
2. Saute 1 clove of garlic in oil then add in cucumber. Add a dash of fish sauce and some pepper. Add water and let cucumbers simmer (cover wok) until cucumbers are slightly softened (be careful not to overcook the cucumbers!). Remove from wok and set aside.
3. Add olive oil to wok, add beef and sauces if necessary. Add a bit of water to create some sauce.
4. Pour over cucumbers and serve with steamed rice!
AND now, for the recipe of Broccolini and pork stir fry! :)
Detailed Recipe for Broccolini & Pork Stir Fry from Woman's Day's Pork with Broccolini & Oyster Sauce:
500g pork fillet (trimmed & sliced)
1/2 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 red onion (sliced) - (note: i excluded this)
1/2 red capsicum (seeded & thinly sliced) - (note: i excluded this too)
1 bunch broccolini (trimmed & chopped)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cashews (roasted; optional) - (note: i didnt include this)
1/4 cup coriander leaves - (i omitted this too!)
Steamed white rice
1. Combine sliced pork, oyster sauce, & hoisin sauce in a medium bowl. Toss well. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a wok on high heat. Stir fry pork in 2 batches, 2-3 minutes for each batch. Remember to reserve the marinade!
3. Add onions & capsicums to the wok. Stir fry them for 1 minute. Return meat to wok with broccolini, water, and remaining reserved marinade. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes, until it comes to a boil.
4. Toss in cashews (if you use them for your dish) and top with coriander leaves. Serve with rice!
As is already evident, my version of broccolini and pork stir fry is very much more simplified than what the original recipe calls for >_< The reason why i omitted them is because i dont have those ingredients in my kitchen pantry at the time i decided to cook this dish. The dish still tastes yummy, boyfriend finished every bit of the 2 dishes, but i'm sure the flavour of the dish will be more enhanced if all ingredients were added! ;)